Mobile Phone for Dad

jonjo

My Dad (61) is getting rid of the landline as the eircom rent is too expensive and he is away working for long spells. So he wants a mobile. Bear in mind he has never used a mobile and is not tech savy at all. So I am looking for advice for a pay as you go mobile and a model that is simple to use, can text and be used as a phone only. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Just got the simplest phone I could get on the market for an elderly relative - the Vodafone (Sagem) Simply VS1 - big phone, well spaced out keys, simple to use - even the manual is written for the non technical!)

And the best bit - €49 Ready to Go with €80 credit (€20 immediately and €10 a month for 6 months)

The relative is well happy. (Bear in mind there is no camera no extras no nothing on this phone except phone calls and texting!!) He is getting about a week standby on it as well whilst using the phone each day.

I got this phone for my Mum/Dad with exactly the same requirements in mind as you do. If they can use it anybody can. It's just the job.

podgerodge said:
Just got the simplest phone I could get on the market for an elderly relative - the Vodafone (Sagem) Simply VS1 - big phone, well spaced out keys, simple to use - even the manual is written for the non technical!)

And the best bit - €49 Ready to Go with €80 credit (€20 immediately and €10 a month for 6 months)

The relative is well happy. (Bear in mind there is no camera no extras no nothing on this phone except phone calls and texting!!) He is getting about a week standby on it as well whilst using the phone each day.

Had a quick look for it on the Vodafone site but can't find it at the moment. Could you tell me where did you buy it as it might solve a birthday present problem?

Thanks.

Back