Mobile phone coverage- does it differ with networks?

Sunster

On O2 and considering changing to three....what do peple think about network coverage with different networks....are they all the same or is it still true that the big two still have the best coverage over Ireland?

They are all pretty similar but you will find 'black spots' on each network where coverage isn't great.

Vodafone has highest % population coverage, followed by O2. 3 uses Vodafone's mast for standard calls so has the same level of coverage (although the 3G coverage is still patchy).

Meteor uses a mix of its own masts and 'piggybacks' on Vodafone's masts in some areas. It would have the lowest % population coverage, but not by much.

Best thing to do, if you know someone who is on Three, is to check out the coverage in the locations you tend to spend most time. In or around all the major towns and cities, they should all have full coverage. Further out the country is where you'll notice the difference.
Leo

I changed from Vodafone to Meteor and now I have better coverage at home which saves me saying to peolpe hang up and I'll ring you back on my landline.

So if you are thinking of changing make sure that your place of work and home have coverage.

It varies depending on where you live but overall, Vodafone have the best all round coverage

Used Vodafone, O2 and Meteor (in that order) and can say that Vodafone have the widest coverage, although it comes at a price as they are the most expensive network.

The meteor network can be patchy for calls, but is great for texts, as for their website is is rarely offline, unlike the O2 one.