Mobile Phone Car kit

rustbucket

Hi

Looking for any advice on a car kit for mobile phone. Not sure if it should be in Cars and Motoring or IT? Maybe mods can move where they see fit.

Looking for a bluetooth car kit to get installed in GF Car. She currently has a nokia but if she changes her phone doesnt want to have to change the kit or cradle etc.

Something that is either small and convenient or something that works through the radio.

Has anyone any advice or suggestions? Looking for a proper kit, not one of those DIY plug in jobs that connects to the cigarette port!

Cheers

Have you considered a bluetooth earpiece instead of a car kit? I used one of them for a few years quite successfully - used the same earpiece with a couple of Nokias and a Motorola phone.

Yeah considered it but not that comfortable with one of those. She wants the one thats fitted to the car

I got a gift of one for Christmas. Installed it myself last week. It works by bluetooth. Its as simple as just pairing the unit & phone. It can take 2 phones. There's a mains charger & car charger. Has called id. Can't remember the name but I think it cost around €50 in pcworld or such store. It just clips on to the visor. I'll post the make & model tomorrow.

I got a Parrot one for Christmas--- 90 Eur and installed for 50 - works with all phones

my boss has a bluetooth kit made by Sony Ericsson, that sits on the visor and is very good. It was featured in the Motors section of the irish Times some months back. Cost about 70EUR.

In the same boat myself looking for one which is bluetooth enabled

I have a Nokia N900 and I am looking at getting the it good device and can connect up 2 phones but with the N series you cannot upload your contacts. Does not work through radio not that I know of?

Was looking at parrots but this one caught my eye if anyone has any experience of this would like to know

I have a nokia car kit, that was installed in the car when we bought it. it wasnt build in and is just a little button on the dash with a microphone near the visor.
Probably a few years old now but it works though the car stereo. It is fantastic , i wouldn't have a car without one now. All our phones have paired with it (iphone, sony ericsson, nokia, HTC )

no idea how much it costs but i'd look into something like it of you can.

Have decided to go for the Parrott CK3100.

€190 Supplied and installed.due to be fitted on Tuesday. Will let u know how it goes

Have decided to go for the Parrott CK3100.

€190 Supplied and installed.due to be fitted on Tuesday. Will let u know how it goes

Is that in Dublin would like to know as I got quoted €240 installed and fitted in Dublin for same make

Is that in Dublin would like to know as I got quoted €240 installed and fitted in Dublin for same make

thats very expensive -for the same model i paid

90 Eur new on ebay with lead for Eur 9 and installed for Eur50 -