Mobile phone bills much higher than promised

Neg Covenant

I have come across two different people lately with a similar story.

They received a direct marketing call which promised them lower costs if they switched to another provider (same provider in each case). They switched and the costs are now huge. In one case because employees were given internet access (not requested by customer) by the service provider at an exorbitant rate. In the other case there was no internet usage so the tariffs must just be much higher.

In both instances they were persuaded by the representations made by the sales rep during the marketing call. In both instances they are being threatened with legal action for a lot of money (way more than previous bills with previous providers.)

I think that they may have a defence if they say there was a misrepresentation by the company. The contract may deal with this but the guys who have been stung with behaved like consumers and trusted the sales guy/company were acting in good faith.

I think it might help if a load of other people were available to give evidence that they have been subject to the same misrepresentation and loss.

Back