Mobile Homes?

Christy

I am considering buying a mobile home in one of the sites/parks around Kerry. My family is made up of 3 small children and a teenager. It would be our intention to use it 4/6 weeks of the Summer, Bank Holidays & other school holidays.

I have 2 questions really -

1) Has anyone out there got any experinces, good or bad, of having a mobile home

2) Does anyone know where in Ireland you can buy mobile homes

Thanks in advance

Christy

We are also considering buying a mobile home in Kerry and we would hope to use it on similiar basis, 6/8 weeks in the Summer, Bank Holidays, etc. I would love to hear people's experiences of having a mobile home on a site, do you get much use out of it or is it a case that it could become tiresome going to the same place all of the time.

Owned one for 6 years In Brittas Bay Co. Wicklow. It was brand new with all mod cons including decking. Only 45 minutes from Dublin. Site had satellite tv, golf, tennis etc. Only a stone's throw from the beach. Our main problem was as the kids got older they didn't want to be there, the other owners were already established in their cliques and made it obvious that they weren't interested in new people, the annual fee was very costly, the weather was awful-in the six years I think we got one good summer. Finally we felt that we had to go there every weekend to get value out of it. Kerry is a long drive from Dublin.

Well we are in Cork so only an hour's drive from Kerry, we would be planning on buying a new mobile home to put on the site (fees €1,300 per year) and would be sharing all costs with other family members. With talk of '07 being the hotest Summer on record we would be hoping for many Mediteraneen-like weather down there this Summer..........

How do you find out what caravan parks actually have sites available/for sale? Is it just word of mouth, do you have to ring the owners to check, what?

We only found out by word of mouth, from a person who already has a mobile on the particular site that we're looking into. From my research into this it seems the only way to go about it, as there doesn't seem to be any auctioneers dealing with this kind of thing but I'm open to correction.