Mobile home holiday in Vendee, France

Crea

We're hoping to go on holiday, renting a mobile home in a campsite in Vendee. My preference is that it would be within walking distance of a town and beach.
Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been trawling through the sites but can't get a feel of where the campsites are and if they are any good.
Help, please!

This is one of the most popular areas. There are millions of campsites.

You are going to find that, in general, they are all near the beach, but a walk from the town.

I recommend you use a guide you can review online, like Alan Rogers, to review campsites, and google maps to look them up.... and then book them directly on their own website or by ringing them.

This is one of the most popular areas. There are millions of campsites.

You are going to find that, in general, they are all near the beach, but a walk from the town.

I recommend you use a guide you can review online, like Alan Rogers, to review campsites, and google maps to look them up.... and then book them directly on their own website or by ringing them.

+1. Good recommendation on Alan Rogers. Also, you could look up www.camping.fr and check out sites in the area, then ring them up. They always speak English and are usually cheaper than the camping companies for similar mobiles. Also, their own mobiles are usually better located and maintained. I always used the Keycamp brochure, actually booked with thema couple of times. St. Jean de Monts is very popular, we stayed in Le Bois Masson, which is about a kilometre from beach and town centre, IIRC.

Try les dunes longeville - near la tranche sur mer. Its on the beach, near restaurants and 20 min cycle to La Tranche. Also try Zagrella, Longville - lovely spot, about 10 min walk to beach but also 7 min drive to La Tranche but walking distance to Longville.

http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/
Try here, they have excellent standars on all their sites. Have used them a few times.
Stayed here in the Vendee, used Brittany Ferries to book.
Excellent beach, near the town, and next to lovely supermarket.[broken link removed]

Back