Mobile Food Van - Start Up Costs

Catering141

Hello,

I have been interested in starting a mobile food van for a good while now and have been doing some research into it. My question is, although I can find out the costs associated with certain things (PLI, The Van, Equipment etc), there are surely a lot of hidden costs also associated. There are a few people here with experience in this area and I would really appreciate if you could give me a ball park figure as to how much it would realistically cost to get up and running. I am starting a 'start your own business course' in a few weeks and I'd like to start getting some costings together so I can work on real material during the course.

I am serious about my business idea, I've been talking to the Council, the HSE, some other vendors (but as I didn't know them only approcahed them in the street I didn't want to ask them cost details naturally), looked into the Vans, and even been thinking of my menu and places for possible trading.

I would also be interested in renting a van already with certs for a few weeks to see if there is a demand as i don't want to pump a lot of money into it only to be looking to sell it again 6 months down the road.

If anyone could also advise on my steps to take, e.g. step 1 approach HSE about requirements for van, step 2, etc that would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks so much,

Catering141