Mobile Catering Unit - Insurance Needed

D

DerekB

Hi Folks,

First post here. I am purchasing a mobile catering unit and have got quotes for my liability which is fine.

My problem is the motor insurance. My car is currently with AXA and I contacted them and they said they do not cover this type of vehicle.

Anyone any ideas of who may quote for this. It is a brand new converted Ford Transit and not a trailer unit.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Derek.

Can't help with your query but can recommend my own broker - David Pike (Ph. 01 7096000, david@pike.ie) - a very experienced general insurance broker. No connection other than a happy client.

This query has come up again and again. Very difficult to get this on cover, nearly need it done as a favour.

I passed one on Paddy's day and checked out the insurance disc to satisfy my curiousity and guess who insured that one.........AXA!!!

We had the same problem when we purchased a catering unit over 2 years ago - couldn't get insurance.

Someone on this forum put us on to a broker - Robert Tyrrell of Campion Insurances Ltd. They're based in Cashel and tel no. is 062 - 61991
I can't remember who they got us insured with and I can't put my hand on the insurance docs at the moment, but it's worth giving him a call to see if he can help you.

Back