Mobile Call comparison Phone costs

pennypincher

Was anyone able to get into this site today.It's supposed to tell you which service provider is best for you based on your individual usage.I can't get in to use it!!

www.callcosts.ie.

Used it this morning and it pretty much gave me back my package plan that I was on already so seems pretty accurate.

However, I presumed that this was supposed to lead you to the most appropriate package plan based on your usage, to simplify the huge selection out there from our 4 providers.

If this is the case, why provide a listing of 20 package plan alternatives based on my usage - just show me the best one.

I'm guessing this site will be pretty useless in a very short period of time. There's no way the various companies are going to sit still on this, and like any kind of site like this, I bet the information behind it is already out of date.

Best way to go on this is to ask your own provider every year or 6 months if you're on the best package that they have, and if you'd be better off on a different package based on your usage. Wouldn't they all have this kind of functionality internally anyway?

Or just threaten to leave your service provider every so often. They'll give you stuff now to keep you since there's not that many new customers any more.

I'd wonder whether a simple question of this nature to a customer services agent will really get an accurate answer. Unless the agent has a tool similar to this at her fingertips, I can't see how she could give an accurate answer.

RainyDay said:
I'd wonder whether a simple question of this nature to a customer services agent will really get an accurate answer. Unless the agent has a tool similar to this at her fingertips, I can't see how she could give an accurate answer.

That's what I said above. You gotta reckon that each company already has their own version of this functionality - it's unlikely that ComReg are cutting edge at this kind of thing.