Mitsubishi Outlander

Firefly

See these have dropped from 40k to 26k. Not a bad looking Jeep. Anyone driving one like to comment?

[broken link removed]

I don't have one but I drive one regularly enough. It looks good IMO, is roomy, and is a comfortable ride but it feels tractor-like to drive to me - a bit sluggish. This is probably the base engine however. It's good value all the same though.

Have had one since 2007 and can't complain. Its roomy, comfortable and economical for what it is. I went for it over the Rav4 or Santa Fe because it was a good few grand cheaper new and lower tax. It has probably been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Not as much as a bulb has gone in the almost 3 years of ownership. Main dealer services have cost less than €200 each year

Downsides are that the engine is not the most refined esp when cold and the interior could be better. However that said the engine is powerful enough (140BHP) and 40mpg is possible on the longer journeys. Hope this helps!

I am looking at buying a Mitsubishi Outlander. I currently have a 2008 Santa Fe but find it very bad on icy roads and for general roadholding. I need a 4x4 now, as I will need to pull a horsebox from time to time. Do you think a Mit Outlander could handle this?

Don't think the Outlander would have any problem towing anything on the basis that if a Santa Fe can handle it there should be no reason why the Outlander couldn't. Never towed anything with it but the cars abilities should be broadly similar. The handling in the Outlander is definitely better than the Santa Fe (my brother has one so I have compared both)