Mitsubishi Eclipse 2020...Views

Jack Frost

Hi there,

My wife wants to buy a 9 month old Mitsubishi Eclispe 1.5 petrol automatic from a main dealer in Dublin. She was going for a Ford Kuga, but it was already sold and then she saw the Mitsubishi. We had a look at it and its a nice car, just wondering if anyone has any experience of driving these, I know its a good brand, but I havent heard of the this model before. Would be interested to hear any views regarding fuel economy or other observations regarding this model car.

Thanking you in advance.

Jake

Hey thank you for the links ..didnt realise that they were pulling out of Europe... which could be problematic for parts and warranties etc in the future...we will search again....for a more popular brand..

Mitsubishi have over 50000 vehicles in Ireland and UK. And they must provide parts, services etc for 10 years on models. They are a gorgeous car and mitsubishi has a Excellent history in build quality and reputation and reliably. I drive a Mitsubishi. Would highly recommend the eclipse cross.

Thank you Pebbkebeach yes its true what you say tge Eclipse is a nice shape car and they have a good reputation, its good to have the recommendations from someone who owns one. As it happens anyway the car has been sold..

Eclipse is a nice shape car and they have a good reputation

I find Honest John good for an independent view, doesn't rate the Eclipse as highly as much of the competition:

Where the Eclipse Cross falls down is on the road. It's not especially good to drive with too much lean in corners, a hard ride on models with bigger wheels and artificial feeling steering. It's disappointing given how promising the rest of the car is.

It's also not that cheap compared to the competition and while well-equipped - there are no base-level cars here - there's not much that would tempt you to choose an Eclipse Cross over many of its better-to-drive rivals.

They look like a nice car.are they electric ?
Would it be much cheaper at the min too bring 1 in from the U.K. Though ?
Compair the prices

Back