Mitisubushi EVO X -V- BMW 320i SPORT

Car Mad

I am changing my car in the new year and trying to decide which of the above to go for. The BMW has a new 3 series out since Setpember 08. I like the body and looks of the BM. I also like the new Evolution X FSQ 300 SST.

Both are same price range of 55k. Can people please tell me what they would go for?

you know the road tax on a 2009 evo x is 2000euros......
make it a very hard sell/trade-in in the furture.

And as for the bmw what about the new 330d(manuel) its in the 20% vrt range with 270e road tax .But more importantly has 245hp. M-sport priced at 60K but with discounts you could hit close to the 55k mark.
I wouldn't consider the 320i any match for the evo and Imo you'd find it underwleming.

I think you need to drive the two cars as you are trying to compare chalk and cheese here.

The only thing they have in common is price, for that you get either the Evo X's brash, in-your-face, electrifying, performance or the Beemer's middle-aged, middle-of-the-road, arm-chair-on-wheels wafting (unless your budget can stretch to the M3).

Drive them both and try to see on which end of the rev-counter your preference lies.

Well put mathepac .

Don't think anyone has ever been disappointed with the driving experience of an Evo really. But a very different image.

Thanks, Caveat.

Unfortunately I was disappointed, which is why I used to drive Skylines and Imprezas.

Now I'm just to old for all that excitement.

The choice of the more discerning boy racer!

Hardly ever see them. I believe some examples were chipped to 1000 bhp - not that they didn't have plenty already. I love these - look like something out of Bladerunner.

BTW Car Mad, if it's important to you, the interior of the EVO will be pretty cheap and nasty compared to the 320.