Mistake in Land Registry Deed

C

clarity

Just got copy land registry deed back and noticed that on it said common in law tenant but I had told my solicitor that we wanted a joint tenancy, I tried to contact him but he's away at the moment and what I want to know is, if he has made a mistake can he change common-in-law tenancy which is on the deed to joint tenancy which I requested?
Thanks in advance.

Do you know what they each mean?

I ask because joint tenancy is the default position so it is more unlikely that registering you ( which needs the specific inclusion of the relevant wording) as a tenant in common is a mistake.

But, yes, it can be changed with the agreement of both parties.

Thanks Vanilla.
I am aware of what they mean, there are four of us involved in this and he said we could do joint tenancy or common-in-law tenancy, and we said we wanted the joint tenancy, as it would work better for us. So when we saw common-in-law tenancy on the deed we were surprised. How easy is it to change?
Thanks

Write into the QA Unit of the Land Registry in Waterford and say you believe there may be an error on the folio, and that you should be registered as joint tenants rather than tenants in common. Cite the folio number and the Instrument number (the reference number under the date beside your ownership entry). The Land Registry will then check the documentation and see if they did, in fact make a mistake. If they did, they will fix it - if not, you'll need to get on to your solicitor to fix it. A deed of rectification will be needed.

Send in the copy folio with the letter, and if they did make a mistake they will send you an amended copy when it's fixed. If there was no mistake by the Land Registry, they'll send the original back.

Four owners being joint tenants is unusual and wouldn't normally be recommended. Are you sure all four agreed to this?