Missing Passport

TomOC

I applied for a new passport last March. It came through after a few weeks. Since I have got a Mongolian and Belurisian visa after a lot of work. Last Monday week, I applied in person for a Russian tourist visa. I paid the 100 Euro fee for 3 day turn around of visa. I enclosed a registered stamped self addressed envelope for return of passport and visa. I expected to receive this back last Friday or at the latest Monday 19th. An Post have no record of my registered letter. To date I have not received anything back. I phoned the embassy repeatedly and was told it was posted. I phoned An Post today and gave the tracking number. I was told that this tracking number is correct but is not appearing on their system yet, indicating it is not posted yet.
I was scheduled to fly today, now not happening.
Today at embassy was told it was posted. An post have confirmed that even if any issues with delivery, the registered post would still be able to track it, and it would be returned or if not delivered and postage fee sought upon delivery.
I am now in a possible position of having to reapply for passport, reapply for all the visas again, lose many flights and accomodation, lose about 1 to 2 months of my holidays.
I have spent about an hour being tranferred from the department of foreign affairs to the department of justice to justice and emigration back to foreign affairs and then to passport office. I cannot cancel it as may arrive tomorrow with 3 useless visa as passport already cancelled. Another option is to wait, maybe for months. Delivery is now at least 3 days late.

Back