Missing icons from Taskbar

Randy

Hi,

currently using Windows Xp, Problem is I recently lost the icons from the taskbar when using the pc, this is a pain as I can't switch between programmes eg excel/word/internet without going to task manager and switching there.....does anyone have an easy way to resolve this? have already checked microsoft and the like but I can't figure out the correct solution.

thanks

Randy

do a system restore .if it doesnt work then just go into your start menu and right click any programme you want to have the icon on the desk top.
right click....send to desk top

tried both of those Cleverclogs, but neither works, shortcut to desktop only gives me more than one shortcut for shortcuts that are already on the desktop but icons still don't show on taskbar at bottom of screen.......confused? me too!

If you right click on the taskbar and then click properties is the box ticked for "group similar taskbar buttons"

Go to 'start ' - control panel - task bar and start menu .................... and select whatever you want to appear on taskbar

it may be that you have moved the task bar so it isn't visible. If this is the problem you can probaby still see a blue line. Move your mouse over this line until you get a double headed line. Then simply hold your mouse donw and move it upwards and task bar should appear again

Can you not right-click the taskbar, from the pop-up menu click on Toolbars> (with the little black arrow) and select the group of icons you want to display? Otherwise it sound like something gone wrong in your registry...

Just use ALT + TAB to cycle through the list of currently open programmes, its much handier than using the mouse to do it....