Missing Dublin Bus-Route 83

papervalue

Just wondering on bus time tables. Is their any way to check how accurate they are, do all buses turn up.(Do dublin bus have accuracy records)

My example is from Kimmage to City centre on route 83 is time tabled as:

0645-1
0700F(from city centre)-2
0703-3
0715-4
0730-5
0745-6

Each morning for a long time i felt that not all the buses time tabled were not turning up.

On the top of bus ticket you will see what number your bus is for the day. To-day mine was 5 which means that the bus i was on should be 07.30.

I live in Kenilworth Road which is 10-15 mins from terminus. My bus arrive this morning at 7.26am (4 mins before it should leave terimus and 10-15 minutes before it gets to my stop) So bascially by timetable it arrived at my stop at leat 20 mins early? as i would feel a 7.30 timetable bus in traffic would not make my stop till 7.50.

Any one knows do buses just not turn up ?

Are dublin bus cutting busses on the quiet ?

Are drivers covering for other drivers?

I say at least 1 bus is missing.

I would suggest that on the front of each bus the time on time table is put on. and let the public do market research on accruacy of service.

As people getting a bus should knew a 10-15 minute difference at this time of morning could be difference between getting staright run to city and sitting in traffic.

Finally you all would notice the same heads each morning on bus. On this route they are now spread over a few buses due to missiing bus.

I think this practice is quite common. I live near a QBC with some routes supposed to be running at 5min intervals. Sometimes there can be 10-15 min between buses, so some must be missing.

I have a recurring problem with my local bus route (38). It is a very common occurrence for a bus simply not to turn up at all. This is particularly frustrating off peak as there is usually a 40mins wait between buses. Also, when getting this bus from the terminus in town the timetabled bus is often not the one that leaves (e.g. putting on a 38a instead of a 38). When I queried the inspector at the terminus about this he said that timetables are only a 'rough guide'. It's so annoying to have to stand in the freezing cold/rain (my bus stop has no shelter and is frequented by rats) when timetabled buses just don't turn up. I work in the city centre and am now learning to drive and will be taking my car in as the public transport around here is just too unreliable.

I used to use the 83 and lived quite close to the terminus. The timetable was just a work of fiction in my experience, it bore no relation to reality whatsoever. I complained to Dublin Bus on several occasions about this but just got a canned reply about the difficulty of keeping to the timetable because of heavy traffic, which no doubt is true but begs the question, why bother publishing a timetable at all if it is so inaccurate as to be useless?

AHHHH...went out to get the 3.20 38 in to town yesterday and again it just didn't turn up. Ended up having to get a taxi in again...so sick of this.

Back