Missed mortgage payment and credit rating

Guideline

I stopped paying direct debit with my current mortgage around 6 months ago. I did this for a particular reason I wont go in to. No problem i rang Bank up every month and payed with card. Trouble is, inexplicably I forgot to pay in December, yes forgot, and when I was paying January payment yesterday evening I got a shock when the bank told me I did not pay DEC payment and a report has gone in to the ICB.

Now for the last 6 months i have been saving meticulously keeping a very good balance in my current account etc etc always and am now in the latter stages of a mortgage application.

Now I am very worried about the prospect of not getting final mortgage approval which I have been informally okayed on subject to things like, ironically, a credit check etc etc,

Any brokers/experts have any idea where I stand now?

Thanks

You should be Ok.
Generally ICB,s are not the kiss of death with a 1 down on them. Normally ICB,s arn,t negatively enacted until one full month has elapsed.I presume you have been paying current mortgage assiduously for years. New Mortgagor may need an explanation.
Might be no harm to write to ICB for your ICB.
Forms can be downloaded under Irish Credit Bureau .
You might find your 1 month has not been reported.

Thanks for that Gerry, waiting for the mortgage broker to get back to me on it. Fingers crossed.