Missed loan payment not on ICB - Has he gotten away with it?

suki

Hi my partner and i are applying for a mortgage, and my partner had a missed payment on a loan from last year, what happened was, he doesn't check his statements much and missed a payment on the loan as the guy who does his payroll was late putting their wages in and the direct debit for the loan came out the day his wages was meant to be lodged and his wages was late two weeks that month and there was no funds in this account until his wages came through.

he didn't get any letter from the bank in question and the next three months of the loan came out fine and he didn't receive a letter from the bank about the payment that hadn't gone through until the last month of the loan he noticed two payments had come out from the bank to clear the loan, and when he rang them they said it was because he had missed the September payment and they had tried to contact him, even though he said they never did. That day he applied for his icb report and even though the loan was on the report, the missed payments were not recorded, just ticks through all the months, the outstanding balance was the final payment and the missed payment amount on the report as the icb records obviously hadn't been updated as the direct debit to clear both payments and close the account had only gone through the day the icb report was requested.

My question is, now that the the loan account is cleared in full, would the bank when finding out what the final balance on loan was, notice that they had not marked the icb report with a missed payment and do it then? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so nobody could answer my question yesterday, but maybe you might know this.

We have given our broker all our documents such as p60, payslips etc, and she seems to think everything is fine, and i noticed on my icb report one of the lenders the broker uses is showing on my icb as a footprint.

So am i to assume that we have already passed the credit check process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im quite worried about this.

Thanks

no, it means they recently accessed it, nothing more.

Hi, all information will stay on the credit report for 5 years. Log onto www.icb.ie to see a sample report. I was refused a mortgage for missing 3 credit card payments over 2 yrs. Even if the loan is cleared, the payment history still shows up.
Hope this helps!

Hi Ali, thanks for that, the missed payment isn't actually showing on the credit report at the moment during the term of the loan, but i was wondering on final payment of a loan is it likely a bank could see that they have "let you away with it" and choose to go back in and change the report then?

Back