Mislaid out of date passport

paddyjnr

I have mislaid my out of date passport, it was issued pre 2005, do i still need to report it as lost?
I'm aware i can't apply online, just wondering what documents i need?
I do have a verified PSC, would i just scan that and does that cover me for proof of name, photo id, address etc.
Thanks in advance.

I got crucially and mercifully saved on this front a few years back when a 3rd party happened to have a scan of my expired but lost passport kept on file 10 years after I'd last spoken with them.

Applied for a new passport with the printout of old passport and it saved me from missing a holiday!!!

A top tip is to take a good clear photo of your passport main page and then email it to yourself - You'll be able to pick this up then anywhere on the planet that has internet access if your passport is lost or stolen - Seemingly this is a big, big help in managing the situation if your passport does go missing/gets stolen when you're abroad.

Vet very good tip. Yes it's a pain alright, you wouldn't mind i applied online and they took everything including money, only to be told 2 weeks later i have to submit it by post as it was pre 2005.
They will return payment within 30 days, surely the software they use should of picked up on that sooner during the application stage.

Back