mis-selling by Sky rep

cloughy

I recently hd one of their sales representatives call to outline the services of Sky, after meeting with the individual for nearly an hour.

In brief I was told on 3 occassions by this individual that I could get Sky and replace my current NTL service, which I have piped to 3 TV, that each would be able to watch different TV stations (no mention of multi-room requirement, or all had to be the same station), and that they could provide me with my wireless BB.

After stating this to me on 3 seperate occassions, I signed the dotted line, and rang NTL the next day to cancel subscription.

A week before the installation date got the paperwork, and no mention of more than 1 signal or BB, so rang Sky in the UK and was assured that all the above was included in the price.

Today the engineer rang to discuss the appointment so I told him what was required, to which he said not possible to have different Sky stations on at the same time without multi-room (at 15 a pop per month), and also that Sky do not offer BB in Ireland.

You can imagine my rage, when I heard this and when I outlined what I was informed as to what my package was supposed to cover, so he offered to inform their customer complaints dept (fair play to him) and that they would call me to discuss.

I am waiting on their call, but am furious that they (their sales rep) have acted improper and engaged in mis-selling both what their product could do and the fact that BB is not avaialble in Ireland.

It would work out more expensive if I were to take the package, with multi-room for the other 2 TV's and then still have to pay someone else for BB than I currently pay NTL for the lot. Obviously i could take Sky for digital, NTL for analogue and BB but that would also be more expensive. the above my tarnished my opinion of Sky, as I would have held them in high regard before because of word of mouth.

Has anyone else come across this offering/mis-information from Sky, as i'm sure if the individual said it to me then there must be others whom he promised this to.

Any suggestions on how to pursue this with both Sky and also suggestions on how to get what we are looking for at the cheapest possible price.

Also if we feel that we get no joy from Sky (refund of our 50 is no good) since we have already set in motion the cancellation of NTL to take the issue of mis-selling their service offering.

thanks.

I suggest that you email the company, naming the individual who made these false promises, and keep emailing them until you get a satisfactory response.

Murt

you need to identify if the sales rep was working for sky directly or a sky agent. Anyone going door to door is nearly always a sky agent who gets commission from sky on connection (not sale). Do you have the customer copy of the contract (you should have) on the top right is the retailer number and this is the person you need to complain to.
Unfortunatly I think you have zero chance of getting anywhere, as the sky agent will say anything to get the sale. sky themselves will wash their hands of it and say they can't practially control what agents say/do....

thanks for the responses, and I would think he was an agent, but I rang Sky customer services last week to confirm what was included/excluded in my contract and they came back with the same including BB, so nearly made a big mistake, as I pay 83 a month, but with Sky it would be 57 + either Multi-room *2 or NTL analogue 23 p/m plus BB, way more than the 83 I currently pay.

any ideas how to achieve TV on 3 TV's, Sky sports and BB for the cheapest possible price, I need fixed line as have phonewatch.

also had a sky agent who told me that rte was going off the air soon and because they had no digital service to replace their anolog service i would have no rte unless i got sky.