Mirrors for wardrobe doors

Newbie!

hi,

We are just in the process of getting wardrobes made and fitted in our house (all mdf). I want to get 2 mirrors to fit to the inside of the doors but actually dont know where to get them. Living in Crumlin area but dont mind a bit of a drive....

thanks,​

The only place i know is Crinken Glass in Shankill - might be a bit far for you tho...

Any glazier should be able to organise them for you. B&Q or Woodies would be worth a look as well.

We got built in wardrobes made years ago and I had the same guy, just a local joiner, come back to do some more work. As part of it he put mirrors on the inside of the existing wardrobe doors. Not sure where he sourced the mirrors from but it was easy to do and cheap.

We got mirrors for the inside of our wardrobe doors and Sliding mirrors for the mid Vanity Section - this was purchased from a place on Kimmage Road, its between the old Maxol Garage and Esso Garrage!

Sorry I can't recall name!

myra glass. you can ring ahead with the specifications and they'll have it ready to collect for you.
thery're near kevin street, so not too far.

Can you not ask your wardrobe fitter?

Definitely a good idea. The fitters usually know the cheapest place to buy these and the best way to hang them as they will probably be quite heavy. You need to be careful that you don't buy something too heavy for the door.

When pricing a small replacement mirror some years back I couldn't get over the difference in price from one shop to another. You may find something useful in the key post on Mirrors.

thanks for the advice guys. Just got a quote for €99 for two mirrors (each 450mm by 1200mm) which will be pierced for hanging and will include 8 mirror screws. Is this a reasonable price?

Last edited:
Why not go for a much cheaper option as they will be on the inside of the doors so they will be purely functional. Hardware shops like B & Q sell mirrors of all shapes and sizes which come with adhesive stickers. I know you think that the mirrors will probably fall down but when I got a new bathroom I was afraid to drill my lovely new tiles so I bought these and 5 years later with all the steam you get in bathrooms they are still firmly in place.

Newbie,

Who's doing the wardrobes for you and how much are you paying? I'm thinking of getting this done, too, but haven't looked into it at all yet. Looked at one of those sliding door wardrobe companies and they wanted 4K - I nearly fell of the chair....

Newbie,

Who's doing the wardrobes for you and how much are you paying? I'm thinking of getting this done, too, but haven't looked into it at all yet. Looked at one of those sliding door wardrobe companies and they wanted 4K - I nearly fell of the chair....

hi Petal,

It's a friend of my partners (but he does it as a profession). We got 2 wardrobes (each with 4 standard doors, if that explains the size..). Each is floor to ceiling which was very difficult to get for a house thats 70years old and has walls dipping and filling out everywhere. He also a corner desk/shelved unit, boxed in our new boiler, built a cabinet for EsB metres and built 2 lockers. We picked a heavy MDF because we wanted to paint them so he all timber was ordered from woodworkers. He has come in under €3000 all in......very happy with his work.

Newbie, any chance you could pass on the contact for the fitter (If you are Dublin based)? Thanks if you can

Newbie, any chance you could pass on the contact for the fitter (If you are Dublin based)? Thanks if you can

I will talk to the fitter and see if he is interested in taking on more work. If so, i will pass on his number.

On a different note, does anyone where i could get wardrobe handles? Have looked in the panelling centre but they mainly do chrome/silver etc. the rooms are hold and i've used brass elsewhere so want to continue to use it but we need to get quite a long handle as we chose doors with no pattern and engraving...any ideas?

When looking for handles I usually try these people Home Style DIY Ltd, 1 Mary st, Dublin 1, (01) 8735474.

I got the bright idea when we were getting wardrobes some years ago that I wanted something different to what the carpenter supplied. When I priced the full set I soon realised that they can work out quite expensive and decided to go with the standard ones.

This previous thread on kitchen door handles might give you some advice also.

Joe Brophy of Churchtown Glass near Nutgrove shoppiong center is very good for all glass related items and fitting.

Disclaimer: I make cabinets and sometimes buy glass and mirrors from him.

Just to update and finish this thread.

I got the mirrors for a reasonable price from Hennessy Glass on the Kimmage road (beside Paddy Lumley) - someone had recommended it earlier in the thread. thank you for the advice.

Back