Mira Shower and water pressure

fitz

Hi

Had a Triton t90i (8.5kW) for a number of years but recently it gave up the ghost. Went out and bought a Mira Sprint (9.5kW) and installed it but now only a trickle of water when I turn it on!

From reading the other posts on AAM it looks like I may need a pump as my tank is in the attic about 1metre above the shower (the installation book refers to 7 metres required!). Although the bathroom tap runs from the tank and there seems like lots of water pressure.

But why did the Triton t90i not require one? Will a pump resolve the problem? What pump rating would I need (water tank is not huge!)? Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers
Fitz

The Triton T90i is a pumped shower sounds like the Mira you bought is not am I right in saying that when you turned on the Triton you could hear the humming of the pump working all over the house and when you turn on the Mira shower is it silent except for the water running out of it if so then it is not a pumped shower I have a Triton myself and so far not a bother I do hate that humming sound though.
The Mira should still be ok as long as it is heating the water and spraying it at an adequate rate try ajusting the heat/flow settings if not successful then I would recommend you go back to a pumped shower and you should have no problem with a pumped unit.

Good Luck

thanks. that makes a lot of sense. the store i bought it had it listed as a "gravity" shower i.e. can run from tank but didnt state that the tank needs to be 7metres above the shower!! think I will get a mira elite II. Assume this is the best pumped shower around?

according to the electrician that fitted ours he said the triton t90si is the best one - cheaper than Mira (he said with Mira you are just paying for the name)
we got the 9.5kw one in Barretts, Maynooth

Looks like theres only €20-30 difference between them, so not too worried about that. Tx for advice.

Got the Mira Elite II and it works a treat. Thanks for replies. Where would we be without forums .

according to the electrician that fitted ours he said the triton t90si is the best one - cheaper than Mira (he said with Mira you are just paying for the name)
we got the 9.5kw one in Barretts, Maynooth

sorry for diging up an old thread, but what are peoples opinion on the difference between Triton and Mira.
I have always been under the impression that the mira is better , is it ?