minor paint repairs

Caveat

Hi

Got an 04 car a few weeks ago & would like to resell within a few years.
It's in v good nick but on close inspection there are 5 or 6 stone chips.

My question is, should I get those mini repair pens that claim to have exact colour matches? how much and are they any good? My fear would be that the repairs would look obvious or shoddy and make the situation worse. The chips aren't too bad - should I leave well alone...?

Any feedback welcome!

Unless the chips are deep and likely to lead to corrosion of the metal substrate I'd leave well enough alone. Stone chips are to be expected although some cars are particularly prone due to bonnet design etc. Once a car is more than 3-4 years old I can't see this being a major concern to potential buyers anyway....

The 'Chips Away' and Carcraft services have previously been recommended for this sort of work.

Thanks Guys

Carpenter, when you mention corrosion possibility - how would I know visually if it may lead to this? paint is silver but marks look almost black - is this normal?

Try [broken link removed]

I have never used them, know nothing about them, have no vested interest, etc.... just saw their van few days ago...

OK thanks all

Probably jumping the gun anyway - only just got the car - but something to think about when I go to sell

Caveat

When it's on the bumper I just spray the paint into the cap and dab them with an 'artists' brush. Turns out really well.

Got the paint in Vinny Byrnes, he will match the colour of your car from your chassi plate.

Did a search for him and can't find him anywhere. It's a car paint shop, I know there are a couple of them and the one I wnet to was down near Dorset St somewhere.

I might have the name wrong, does anybody else know this shop?

Back