mini s24 wont light

P

polo98

hey can anyone help me i have an ideal mini s24 gas boiler and it cut out on me 2 days ago.. it was frosty weather and it just stopped.. when i press the reset button the fan comes on and its getting gas but its not making any attempt to light a constant red light comes on after lockout.. also the valve letting in the water was leaking so it went to 3bar. i let it back to 2 but i dont think thats the problem please help

Pressure should be at between 1 & 1.5 when cold. If the pressure just suddenly went to 3 then the expansion vessel is probably knackered or you have a auto fill valve that is letting mains pressure in.
I posted reply regarding fault in other post as you have double posted!

thanks i have replaced the filling valve myself and the pressure is at 1.5 now but it doesnt seem to click to try and light, ill be waiting a few days for the engineer as he is very busy. whats the nct?? appreciate it..

An NTC is something only an RGI can change as it would be a criminal offence for you to work inside the boiler and you could face a fine of upto €15,000 and a prison sentence. I am afraid you will have to either wait for your RGI or why not call another?