Mini-rant for Monday morning - X-factor

I hear you can now buy an "X Factor Winner" doll. You switch it on and it sings one song, then does nothing else for 10 years.

Don't get me started on these type of TV programmes.

X-Factor is utter tripe. The world of music does not need any of these people. You hear people comparing some of the competitors to some of the worlds best entertainers. Get a grip. They are all (talented enough) wannabee's but will more than likely end up singing in pubs.

But it is now so sad that it is coming down to who cries the most or who has the saddest story. Tripe.

And what about that dancing programme and all the news coverage of the fact that an old man who is crap at dancing has quit because people are saying he's crap and spoiling things. Its only a mess about for God's sake.

And both these programmes are making it into the Houses of Parliament for discussion. How sad a nation is England that their politicians have nothing better to discuss. Its time people came back into the real world where the rest of us live and talk about things that make a difference.

I love Emma by Hot Chocolate.

...but it can't beat Everyone's a winner, their finest moment IMO.

Almost guaranteed to make me take my clothes off due to it's sheer funkiness.

(Never mind my 'white man' grimacing to the delicious riff)

Andrew Eldritch trivia - at one stage he supposedly held some sort of record re the shortest correspondence: whilst abroad and enquiring about SOM UK album sales he apparently sent a postcard or letter saying simply: "?" and the response was "!"

Sounds about right. He's an odd one, that Andrew Eldritch. Just don't mention his name near Patricia Morrison ...

Sounds about right. He's an odd one, that Andrew Eldritch. Just don't mention his name near Patricia Morrison ...

How could anyone not be a fan...

Who's still watching the X-factor then?

Eoghan Quigg's rather hysterical reaction to going through was a bit Over The Top but then I guess he's only 16. Who's in the cynical camp with me that says he's only got this far because Northern Ireland are voting for him regardless of what he does?

On the various occasions when he was whispering sweet nothings in Diana Vickers' ear, the following possible scenario appeared in my head: -

Eoghan (thinks): "Wahey, she's only a year older than me. I might be in with a chance here."

Diana (during farewell speech) - "I've met some amazing people, like little Eoghan..."

Eoghan (thinks): "Ah $%£!"

[IRONY] Sorry what is X-Factor? [/IRONY]

I have a remote and the talent of using it!

If I want to watch white trash I go to a trailer park, I don't need it on my TV.

TV is made for what the TV producers think is their target audience and allows them to make the most out of it in terms of money (be it by dialing premium rate phone numbers or advertising).

The only way to change that is by not watching x-factor, dirty dancing, strictly come, I'm an idiot, get me out of here or what else there is.

Sure you need a PVR to tape the good programing as it's shown at 0140 on RTE2.

But than again millions voting in these shows can't be wrong.. maybe I should watch it...

Ha ha, I did think Eoghan might be a little ticked off at being called 'little' but i suppose it may help as he playing the age card as the semi final approaches. DublinTexas - no trailer parkers in Ireland - well not the sort i think you're refering to anyway. Glad you can use your remote so you don't have to endure the x factor. i for one am enjoying the drama- cringing but still enjoying - at least its a little more cheerful than watching the news lately.