Milltown Dublin 14

J

Jason7

Hi All,

First time purchaser ,looking at a house in St columbanus avenue (2 Bed 750sq feet )Milltown . Few minutes from windy arbour luas stop , approx 500K, any views?? Thanks

I currently live not too far from there and I have to say it really is an excellent location. Its so handy being on the LUAS line as well as being close to Dundrum, Milltown, Ranelagh, Churchtown, Rathmines, Rathgar etc. I've often cut through St Columabanus/St Galls etc and I've never come across any trouble or anything. A lot of new residents have moved in in the last years so a lot of the houses are being modernised. I reckon for the future its a very good investment especially when you compare what you would pay for a 2 bed apartment in the new developments in Dundrum.

Great location, the estate looks very nice too - looked at a house there, out of my range thou, but I'd definately live there. Ex-council houses are generally very well made and have plenty of garden space and room for extensions.

That estate has become very popular with the development of Dundrum and the proximity of the Luas. In the present climate 500k probably seems reasonable.
Good luck

bought an apartment in milltown a few year agos. I absolutely love living there. Its so convenient for town, ranelagh and dundrum. Unfortunely we could not afford to buy a bigger place in the area so we are moving further south. I don't think you can go wrong with the location.

Hi,
I bought a house there a couple of years ago. As above no problems and easy access to the Luas, town etc etc. The prices have gone up a lot in two years. The only area I'ed watch out for it just beside 3/4 rows of houses off St. Columbanus Rd with no road in front of them, only a path. They were done up by the Corpo three years ago so have young families with children in them. The children playing on the road does not agree with some of the more elderly residents, who watch them out the window with cross looks on their faces

Towger

thats all, 500K seems like alot for house in need a work but agree location is very good

Rented in the area a few years ago (pre-LUAS & Dundrum Shopping Monstrosity) and thought it was a great place to live. There is a nice settled community living in Columbanus...occasionally on the summer evenings the local teen lads were a bit boisterous but nothing too OTT. Nice family run shop in the centre of the estate and nice presentation in the estate - ie clean houses, well kept gardens, even a quaint Marian shrine. The Dodder walk on your doorstep, 10 mins from Stephens Green, 5 mins from UCD, 5 mins LUAS to trendy Ranelagh... the list goes on...

Enjoy!

Worked in the area and is great, close to town and i echo all of the comments by everyone so far. Only one bone 750sq for 2 bed can be a little on the small side?

In fairness a 2 bed apartment of about 750sqft in Mount Saint Annes in Milltown will set you back over €700k so €500k doesn't seem too bad. Obviously there is a bit of a stigma with council estates and the postcode is D14 as opposed to D6 but when you look at the apartments in the area, I think even with work to do it seems like a good investment. And it seems to be a very settled quiet estate.