Millpark, Clondalkin

Smiley2008

Hiya. I'm thinking of buying an apartment in Millpark. What is the area like? Is it a quiet enough estate?
Thanks

Hi,

Welcom to AAM.

If you run the search option you may find some previous threads on Millpark.

You could also have a look at

Thanks, but no joy with either of those tips. Anyone out there have any words of wisdom for me about the area?

A friend has an apartment there which she now rents out. She lived there herself for a while and had no hassle whatsoever. Its within walking distance to Clondalkin Village, the Leisure Centre, Mill Shopping Centre, etc, so decent location. As apartments go, it would definitely be one of the better complexes in the Clondalkin area.

Well that's good to hear. Anyone else want to throw in their tuppence worth? Does anyone know anything about planning permission granted on the land between Millpark and Dunnes?

Planning permission has been granted for 322 apartments, 12 retail units, a medical centre and so on...

you can view the application

Also, Metro West is due to stop here too whenever its built [broken link removed]

Thank you for that info. I wonder does that mean I'll be woken every morning in my new apartment by building works going on?

There's currently an appeal in with An Bord Pleanála from a number of residents of Millpark (mainly those whose property backs on to the site that will be developed).

South Dublin County Council granted the permission, with a caveat that the works would not begin before a certain time of the morning (amongst others)

Have a look at the link RonanC posted. You can see all the relevant correspondence in relation to it there.

I've lived in Millpark for about a year and a half and really like it.

Update

An Bord Pleanála have refused the planning permission application

Thanks for that info. I just moved into Millpark this week. It does seem a nice place. I'm glad they won't be building another set of apartments etc behind it.