Military Road/Military Hill Cork.

elainem

Friend still looking in Cork. Now wants to look at Military Road/Military Hill instead of Lough Raod. What is Military Road?Military Hill like? Is it a good area? Is it safe to walk home at night around there? Are there many renters in the area. Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Friend still looking in Cork. Now wants to look at Military Road/Military Hill instead of Lough Raod. What is Military Road?Military Hill like? Is it a good area? Is it safe to walk home at night around there? Are there many renters in the area. Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Military Hill is very very close to the city centre. Nice large properties, a mixture of private (and affluent) owner-occupiers and smaller, less grand cottages and a range of rented properties. There are a couple of pubs around that may be a source of late night noise so she should drive around both daytime and night time and check for herself. Personally I would prefer it to the Lough Road, but that is only my own opinion!

Personally I would prefer it to the Lough Road, but that is only my own opinion!
I tend to agree, but mainly due to the location (proximity to town) rather than any real increase in the quality of the properties etc. I travel the Poladuff Rd. most days, parallel to the Lough Rd., and would have no problem living in that area (although I did opt for something a little closer to town)

I think your friend really needs to try out a few of these locations (spend a little time in them, an hour or two at day and night might give them a better feel for the locations). There is a huge difference between the Lough Rd. and Military Hill in terms of location and surroundings. Neither is "better" than the other as such, but both are very different. If they're swinging between the two it seems they are simply going on the property, rather than ensuring they first find a location that will work for them and that they will love.

Bear parking in mind - a lot of the houses in this area don't have parking and people do tend to park there and walk to town. It is a nice area and seems safe to me.

I live near there. It's a nice enough spot, very convenient for town, and relatively quiet. I would prefer it to the Lough.

Military hill continues up to Collin's barracks. It isn't as nice the closer you get to Collin's barracks.

Back