Midleton Cork

Scobey

Moving to Cork after Christmas and looking for some advice on where to rent in Midleton. We have 3 kids - 10,6 & 3. we have enrolled them in the educate together school and would be looking to organise activities for them close by - hurling, music, irish dancing, singing, swimming. I will be working at the airport. Looking for advice on estates for rent and contacts for activities.
Appreciate any ideas

Thanks

Coorect me if I'm wrong but isn't that school in the rugby club out the Dungourney road. If so, then the nearest location is around the Broomfield area. With the new releif road, you could also look at anything in Elsinore Heights or on the Mill Road

There is no swimming pool in Midleton, not sure if the one in Cobh is still open.

Midleton GAA are just off the Mill Road, just across from the new train station
http://midletongaa.com/

For dancing, try the Keniry school of dancing, don't have contact details since it's 25 years since her mother last taught me, but they are still going and it's possible the GAA may have some contacts as part of Scor na nOg.

attached may also be of use
[broken link removed]

I know I'm a bit late here, but Midelton is a fair stretch from the airport. You'll have to deal with tunnel traffic every evening. Nothing major, usually take 15 mins or so to get through from Mahon, but it's a pain. Some lovely areas closer to the airport with pools, like Douglas.

There is a swimming pool in midleton, you can join the midleton park hotel leisure centre.
You can also go to AURA in Youghal, you get there in about 15 mins from midleton.
Or in the summer months, from March to november, you can use trabilgan ona pay as you go rate, bit expensive tho.
You wont be stuck for swimming in midleton.
There are also several local beaches wher we swim in both winter and summer, thank god for wetsuits!
Persoanlly, i wouldnt rent in midleton, you will get a similar type of house much cheaper in whitegate. My pal looked at a 4 be semi in midleton and the one in whitegate was 150 e cheaper . And Loads of kid in the area go to ET school in midleton. Would add on about 20 mins to your work journey tho.