Mid-Week Break in Ireland

B

bmc

Can anybody recommend a nice hotel for a mid-week break in Ireland, we have a 3mth baby and are not willing to go abroad. Price is not much of an issue.

The Hodson Bay has a special deal on for next week - Tues to Thursday. I deleted the email so I don't have any other details but you should ring and ask if its next week you're thinking of.

My sister is going to www.whitesofwexford.ie this weekend and got an opening special offer of 59pps for the sunday night. the hotel looks lovely. also the heritage at killenard county laois www.theheritage.com looks lovely (i haven't stayed there just been to a couple of events) and they have special offers all the time. will post next week to let you know how my sister got on if that's not too late. Wineport Lodge is supposed to be great too or the Inchydoney Spa (but both expensive). Pigsback have some special offers on hotels that might be worth checking out.

The Talbot hotel in Wexford are offering a midweek special of 2nts b&b and 1 evening meal with a bottle of wine for €160 pp...until the end of august

On the subject of wexford, The Ferrycarrig is lovely. www.ferrycarrighotel.ie/

Kilkenny is also a lovely spot. The ferrycarrig has a sister hotel there called Hotel Kilkenny. Very central and was just renovated.

Barleycove or Inchodonney in Cork are lovely too.

Was there a particular county you were interested in?

Hi,
We spent a weekend in June in a really nice hotel outside Killarney, Hotel Europe....sits right on a lake and most of rooms have mini balconies...staff are friendly and helpful. It's about 5 miles towards Kenmare. Killarney itself isn't great, bit tacky but the National Park just outside is just lovely and you could spend most of time out there... loads for walking, nice cafe etc.
Is def one of nicest places I've stayed in Ireland...
Enjoy wherever you go!

A_b said:
Kilkenny is also a lovely spot. The ferrycarrig has a sister hotel there called Hotel Kilkenny. Very central and was just renovated.
It's hardly central - It is right out on the ring road, and a good 15-20 minute walk from the city centre.
dereko1969 said:
My sister is going to www.whitesofwexford.ie this weekend and got an opening special offer of 59pps for the sunday night. the hotel looks lovely.
We're just back from Whites and had mixed experiences. Despite having booked a 'family room sleeps 3', we were shown to a small room in the old part of the hotel with just a double bed. Mrs Rainyday got on the case and talked her way into a much larger room on the top floor of the new hotel which was much nicer. We still had just the double-bed, but they did supply a travel cot for our little one. We were expecting her to have her own bed, but the travel cot just about sufficed. There were a few other anomolies which were indicitive of a rushed opening after renovation (e.g. the Head Porter telling us he hadn't a clue where particular rooms where located, very little hot water available one morning, long queues for breakfast one morning). On the plus side, our room in the new hotel was very nice and the new hotel areas are very bright, open and airy. I'd go back again if I was sure of getting a room in the new hotel.

faithlegg house in waterford has a great 3 night b&b and 2 dinner midweek deal. 5 mins outside waterford. Extremely relaxing. Nice area for drives walks etc. Way Above ordinary restaraunt. Tournadoes de Ostrich mmmm

and if you go to faithlegg you have to check out McAlpins restaurant in Cheeckpoint, 4 miles along the coast