Microsoft Zune v Creative

E

eoin3_17

Im thinking of buying then new microsoft zune mp3 player from ebay..anyone used them yet? I want something that will record off the radio but read recently that creative are disabling it from their units through updates..is this on all models?

Any help appreciated,
E

As far as i know the zune cant record radio either, found this paragraph in a review

"The Zune also has an integrated FM tuner with a nice and intuitive interface for seeking through the dial and setting pre-sets. It can't record in any way, however, which is obnoxious considering that adding the capability is a simple task. Microsoft, however, is treading lightly with the Zune with regard to copyright claims currently being over-zealously pursued by the RIAA and the music industry."

The Zune will be compatible with Microsoft's own music store and has a wireless music-sharing feature (with lots of restrictions). It'll nag you to buy stuff you don't own. But if Micr$oft kit is your thing....

I'm a great fan of Creative kit. User interface, alright but not quite as good as Apple. Flexibility, build quality, reliability and sound quality very good.

The radio-recording quality is not so good though, ok for news maybe. So, when I lost it in the latest firmware upgrade, I didn't miss it. Who records off radio these days?

Creative have listened to the people and have re-instated FM recording with the latest firmware release.

Im thinking of buying then new microsoft zune mp3 player from ebay..anyone used them yet?

I have read several reviews and they've all been critical.
In comparison to the equivalent offering from Apple, it scores less on most points of comparison.

Windows Media Player is not compatible so you have to have a different Microsoft product on your PC for managing your ZUNE content.

It has wireless connectivity, but only to other ZUNEs. You can transfer to another ZUNE (presuming you know someone else gullible ) but the transferred content is rendered inoperative after 3 plays or 3 days.

I have a CREATIVE TX FM 512MB which can record off the radio to WAV format, but it is VERY battery hungry, and the quality of the recording ain't great.

I didnt know that Creative had re-instated FM recording or that the Zunes transferred content is rendered inoperative after 3 plays or 3 days...thanks for the feedback..I think Ill go with the Creative as it is more established...

I thought Microsoft weren't supporting the Zune in Eurpoe for a few more months yet? You maye have issues downloading music from the Microsoft site or other support/warranty issues because you are based in Europe.