microsoft outlook and outlook express

Ann-Marie

I ust microsoft outlook for work emails and outlook express for personal but any addresses i save do be in the address book of both programs

does anyone know if i can change this
thanks
pink

That's strange. I have both set up in work also but that doesn't happen to me. Which is your default mail handler?? I have Outlook as my default handler as that's my work email.

It used to be like that but i don't know how it changed. The main one is Microsoft outlook.

Go in to Tools in Outlook, over to options, others and tick the second box to make Outlook your default mail handler. That should sort it all for you. :)

Hi all this is not so much a reply as anotherquestion along the same lines..I use outlok express for my email-as of late whilst I can still receive email, I can't send any, the following message appears.."An unknown error has occurred Account 'pop3.iol.ie ' Server 'smtp.dol.ie', Protocol :SMTP,Server response '421 connection not accepted at this time:Dynamic IP range See <www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=159.134.145.205>,Port 25 Secure(SSL)No, Server error:421 Error Number 0x800ccc67" Ihave tried googling different references, but all I seem to get are ultra-techie sites which make my brain hurt..can anyone tell me in plain english what I can do to fix my problem? any suggestions are appreciated.....daithi

daithi -any chance that you are connecting from a non IOL (Esat?) internet connection and their servers will only accept sent mail from such a connection (not an unusual arrangement to counter spamming). However they usually allow email to be collected from any internet connection.

Do you have your POP3 settings correct?? Is IOL not gop.iol.ie & mail.iol.ie. I don't use IOL anymore so I'm not well up. Double-check your settings in Outlook Express, Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Servers & make sure you have the above settings.

Thanks folks for the suggestions I'm no longer incommunicado! cheers, ... daithi.

Hi all, Ribena's solution worked for a while, now Outlook express islloking for a pop3 server password-it never did that before, and now I can neither send or receive messages.. quel bummeur..switching identites hasn't helped, and Im thinking of removing and reinstalling outlook express altogether- for some reason not known to me, I also have an older outlook explorer which wont work either..does anyone have any suggestions?...daithi

In Outlook Express if you go in to Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Server you will see the settings you have saved. It should read Incoming Mail: gpo.iol.ie - Outgoing Mail: mail.iol.ie. You then have your account name & password and you tick to remember your password. Nothing else should be ticked. Can you connect to the internet ok??

Back