Microsoft Office/Windows Volume Licensing

Methodology

Has anybody here purchased a volume license from Microsoft for any of their software packages and if so would you be willing to share the breakdown of what you purchased and how much it cost?

Thanks.

I use Office 365 which has a very transparent pricing structure. You pay an annual fee and you download everything onto your PC or laptop. It updates automatically and it can be integrated into your email system. In theory one should be able to link their email into Outlook but having seen it done I would find it easier to read an audit manual in Chinese. Techey help required there in my opinion.

I've seen resellers charge a lot more that Microsoft directly. You can also back things up automatically to their Onedrive which replicates my c: drive as you go. I have a good broadband connection so no hassle with speed. The Onedrive is massive (25 gigs or something like that) and can be shared.

May be worth looking at.

Has anybody here purchased a volume license from Microsoft for any of their software packages and if so would you be willing to share the breakdown of what you purchased and how much it cost?

Thanks.

Such agreements normally are confidential, so I doubt you will find many people willing to disclose such information. why do you need to know???

Thanks for the replies.

I would like to know as the prices are not publicly available and as there should be specific guidelines I would like to know what people are paying, if deals can be had, how to minimise cost, ect.

Such agreements normally are confidential, so I doubt you will find many people willing to disclose such information. ...
As a former employee of a Microsoft "strategic partner", I can confirm that licensing arrangements are confidential.

Just had a look at the individual cost of Office 365. It's not cheap, €144 if you go with the annual deal or €177 (annual total) if you pay per month.

I use Google Apps and it costs me €49 a year. I get my email, 30GB cloud storage and Google docs, sheets, forms and slides. Using Sheets, Docs etc doesn't eat into your data allowance either. If I use up my allowance, I can buy another 100GB for $1.99 a month.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

From what I can see Office 365 is €117 per year (which excludes VAT). To me that it good value. I've been using Word and Excel for over 20 years and use it every day. Thus I would not consider it expensive.

Having used Gmail compared to Outlook and an Android phone compared to a Windows phone I'd go with Microsoft any day. Google stuff is too clunky and, in my view, a bad user experience as the techie guys call it.

Obviously personal choice and budgets come into play.