Microsoft Office Advantage - how to uninstall??

ACA

My friend lent me a genuine version of Microsoft Office Professional and I downloaded to my PC, everything was fine until I installed an update called genuine advantage. This update keeps telling me that my office edition isn't genuine and has deleted part of Outlook that saves passwords.

I borrowed my friends genuine edition to repair and when that didn't work, I deleted the entire thing, restarted and then reinstalled - again without success.

I can't seem to get this update off my computer as I can't find it!! Whilst Word and Excel appear to be unaffected, Outlook is driving me crazy by continually prompting for passwords.

Does anyone know how to find the update in order to uninstall or how else to rectify this issue please?

Last edited:
I presume your friend has already installed this software. You cannot legally install a copy of this. The Genuine Advantage program is detecting that you have installed a copy under the same key.

If you wich to continue to use this software, you need to pay for a genuine copy. Beware of software downloads that promise to remove this for you. Many of these contain malicious code.

Leo

Thanks for the replies, 26cb and Leo. Decided to delete the programme in its entirety - lot less aggravation! Not computer literate enough to mess about with the registry

Back