Micro Filters - do different brands have any difference in quality?

podd

I need to purchase a microfilter which is the little adaptor which allows two wires to be connected up so the telephone and the broadband modem can be used at the same time.

Here's one here...
[broken link removed]

They seem to be quite cheap, so just wondered if different brands will have any significant difference on the speed/quality of broadband, or are they all much of a much...?

Thanks!

Re: Micro Filters - do different brands have any difference in quality..??

Simple answer: no, there's no difference, they are very simple devices.

Thanks bankrupt

Will broadband not work as well, or not at all, if a microfilter is not used? If just a regular telephone adaptor is used instead, and not the special microfilter?

Will broadband not work as well, or not at all, if a microfilter is not used? If just a regular telephone adaptor is used instead, and not the special microfilter?

You need the filter.

Ok - thanks again bankrupt

podd, I think the UK have a different size phone jack to us. Looking at that picture it seems to be the UK version. Ours would have 2 same size connections similar to the size of the one on the left.

podd, I think the UK have a different size phone jack to us. Looking at that picture it seems to be the UK version. Ours would have 2 same size connections similar to the size of the one on the left.

Very good point MB05, the connector type for Ireland is RJ11, you can pick these up in Maplins & Peats.