micra vs yaris

Shaz

I would like to know your opinion - for a woman driver - micra or yaris? same question for a male driver.

Also how much should I expect to pay for a 2002 micra and yaris.

Thanks.

Hi Shaz,

As a male driver i would personally prefer a yaris more reliable, better looking etc. You should expect to pay in the region of €7000-€8500 for a 2002 Toyota Yaris depending on whether you buy from a main dealer or privately. A micra would be slightly cheaper.

Jockey

The micra radically changed its shape in 2003. Obviously new shaped micras are more expensive than old ones.

The Yaris is still a more expensive car. If you look at the mileage on 2nd hand ones they are capable of very high mileage for such a small car and still hold their price very well.

Definitely the Yaris, but I would choose a Honda Jazz over the 2002 Yaris any day. Bigger and better to drive.

Is the micra boot bigger than the yaris boot? I have to put in a stroller everytime we go out.

Both Yaris and Micra are bland go-mobiles, well suited for City driving but not for country roads.

The rear seat in the Yaris can slide back and forward depending on whether you want more legroom in the back or more boot space. My wife has owned both and I would pick the Yaris every time.

From a safety aspect, I'd go Toyota EVERYTIME. Yaris Luna/Sol has 9 airbags - lot of car for your money, holds their value well and a bit of oomph under the bonnet. Admittedly the boot is tiny - but you can get around it with the split seats and aforementioned sliding seats. Nice car to drive - doesn't feel like your driving a one litre.

I had a yaris for 6 years and it never cost me a cent except for servicing etc. extremely reliable and also much cuter than a micra :D

hey why not consider about the VW Polo/Renault Clio/peugeot 206 which are also in the same small engine class?

If you're putting a stroller in, I'd presume you also need to fit a child seat. Check that this will fit properly. I had a micra as a loaner, and could only fit the baby seat in with the passenger seat as far forward as it could go.

Hey i've owned a yaris for the last 7 years and have had no problems with it as the other posters said....and i have given it a dogs life. There is no problem with the child seats in the back of the yaris

Gone Fishin'Both Yaris and Micra are bland go-mobiles, well suited for City driving but not for country roads.
Thats a load of rubish as far as the yaris is concerned. The yaris was originally tested on the roads in Ireland as they were seen to be so bad and hence toyota could provide the perfect suspension.

GO YARIS

The new Yaris looks much bigger that the first version Yaris. But I can only afford a 2002 version which would be the first version (with the "chopped off" rear). Is the boot not smaller than the 2002 micra?

Apologies for the lack of car-speak.

I love my (02) yaris, but bought it from someone who sold it because the buggy wouldn't fit in the boot! An umbrella stroller would fit in fine, but not a standard buggy.

I had an old model Yaris as a hire car, and I found the boot very small. It would certainly be too small to take a full size buggy and a week'w worth of shopping.

Realistically, look at the rear of a Yaris and tell me if anone thinks this is a safe place to carry passengers? Get something with some measure of protection for your rear-seat occupants.

What is it - particularly - about the rear of the Yaris which makes it worse than other small cars? I've been offered a 2006 (3-month-old) Yaris, high end of the range, for a good price and was thinking of accepting though did wonder (I've only travelled in the front). Details would be very helpful......buying second-hand cars is very complicated! :confused:

Back