Mice

Hi guys

Myself and the girlfriend currently have mice in the apartment. We have caught one but can't catch the others!!! My landlord has been on holidays the past 2 weeks so I text him on Saturday to let him know the story. I haven't heard anything back but he is due around tonight. As we are renting and it can't be guaranteed that the mice are ONLY in our apartment is it up to the landlord to get rid of them??

We are only living there about 7 weeks and the landlord seems like a decent fella etc...but if he was to try and shirk his responsibilities I would just like to know where we stand?

Thanks for the help

There is a thread on getting rid of mice I think. We had some in the attic (never got into house thankfully). I put down traps and caught a few but didn't get rid of all of them until I got one of the plug in mouse deterrent ultrasonic devices. It did the trick and haven't had one for about 6 months. You can get them in any builders providers.

Lastbuilders

Yep those plug in ultrasonic things definitely work. Have had one in last 3 houses and never ever had a mouse. Just make sure you position it at ground level.

Yep those plug in ultrasonic things definitely work. Have had one in last 3 houses and never ever had a mouse. Just make sure you position it at ground level.

I've a shiny blue stone in my house and I've never had mice either! :D

The jury is out on the ultrasonic devices, there is no scientific evidence that they have any affect on rodents, indeed many claim to be harmless to pets such as hamsters!

Thanks for your help but what I really wanted to know was if he HAD to do something about it!

I needn't have worried though as he agreed straight away to get Rentokil in this morning for us so fingers crossed they will sort it asap!

A cheap trap in the super market should do the trick. you are living in the house , ( not the landlord) they can get in anywhere if they want to.

Thanks for your help but what I really wanted to know was if he HAD to do something about it!

Why do you think the landlord would have to get rid of the mice ?

Possibly because there are several open penetration's through external walls? Ivy growing up to soffits? Mice and rats have collapsible skeletons allowing them to fit through spaces much smaller than their appearance would indicate. A typical rat can fit through a hole the size of a 20c coin, a mouse through a hole the size of a pencil.

Why do you think the landlord would have to get rid of the mice ?

Because we discovered last night that they are in the roof and are accessing our flat through there. Surely if they are in the roof then it must be the landlord's problem??

Basically I just wanted to know where we stood.

Back