Mibi Claims Experience

B

bruisedbroke

HELLO PEOPLE!
I was in involved in a rta 6 weeks ago and sustained serious injury and to really add the cherry my car was written off!
Anyway its all going through mibi as guy at fault uninsured,im just looking to hear about other peoples experience with mibi.How long on average people wait/how much they recieve/pitfalls?etc.Seeing as ill probably be out of work till new year i will look forward to responses.
thanks.

Dealing through the MIBI shouldn't be much different to dealing directly with an insurance company. The MIBI themselves don't pay the claim, they will appoint an insurer (either the insurance company that was some bit involved with the 3rd party or the next insurer in line) to handle the claim. If you have comprehensive cover on your policy you can claim through your own insurance without it effecting your no claim bonus, other than that the appointed insurer will handle the whole claim as normal. In saying that I would recommend going to a solicitor as the initial form filling can be tough to get your head around. Best of luck.

Jp
www.powerinsurances.ie

If you have comprehensive cover, you MUST rather than CAN claim under your own policy. This claim does NOT affect your NCB, provided that the insurer handling for MIBI agrees that the uninsured driver is totally at fault.

The injury claim will be dealt with as normal by some insurer who will be appointed by the MIBI to handle.

You MUST co-operate with MIBI investigations.

I'd be going after the un-insured driver who hit into you to obtain ALL costs from him, he is obviously a low-life purging off everyone else by thinking he can drive around Ireland uninsured.

hello again,
Just a quick note to add to my post.My insurance was third party fire and theft and have appointed solicitor to deal with the claim.The uninsured was a polish guy driving an irish car who also i might add had no license!!
The lunatic entered the bend of a country road on wrong side and hit me head on...im lucky to be alive.Think ill avoid the shortcuts to work from now on lol.

Back