Meter read estimate on bill even though I'm on a smart meter tarrif

Wheelie Bin

I'm with SSE and am charged "Smartsaver Standard" under the "tarrif description" on the bill. Is this a smart meter tarrif , which by its title should be and if so why are my bills based on estimated readings ?

Am I missing something here. I thought smart meters were remotely read and all bills would be based on exact readings taken remotely?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this .

I don't think it matters what plan your on or whether you've activated the meter or not, it should all be done remotely
My understanding is the meter communicates over the mobile network by sending a text message of your usage to ESB
Do you by any chance live in an area that has bad mobile reception??
Have you checked with your neighbours to see if their having any issues with their Smart Meter readings??
How long is this going on and have you thought about contacting the ESB??

I'm with SSE and am charged "Smartsaver Standard" under the "tarrif description" on the bill. Is this a smart meter tarrif , which by its title should be and if so why are my bills based on estimated readings ?

Am I missing something here. I thought smart meters were remotely read and all bills would be based on exact readings taken remotely?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this .

Back