meteor rates

Mr.Wonder

Hi,
I heard that meteor - meteor text messages are free. Is this true?? Have a vodafone at the minute and am thinking of changing. The anytime plus plan shows text messages at 9c but no mention of free messages but am sure I heard this somewhere before.........

[broken link removed]

Meteor to Meteor texts are free on their Post Pay options until Dec 31st 2005. I think that this has been extended before so it may be extended again. I thought it applied to the pre-paid options also in the past but this may have changed since.

they had a free minutes for life offer on the pay as you go but that is gone for new subscribers. I think they are trying to persuade people that have it to move off it and and take 5 cent a minute meteor to meteor instead.

I am looking at getting a phone for the first time.

Leaving the job soon so have to give back the company phone.

Mobile for personal use mostly evening and weekends I suppose. I am male so usage should be pretty light, especially seeing as I will have to pay for it myself now.

What is the best network to go for. Friends are split between o2 and vodafone, probably mostly vodafone.

Frank

If your friends are mostly all on Vodafone then Vodafone is the only way to go, as you can nominate a friend for free and also will pay less for each call thereafter as you are not calling cross networks..

The next step you need to decide is weather or which you want a bill or pay as you go..
A bill has one main advantage (i.e.)cheaper calls but also you will never run out of credit mid call or text message conversation. on the otherhand if you can control yourself and your use then a bill is the way to go, but bear in mind that if you did have a company phone prior to now you probally didn't pay for the bill, do you know how much your portion of the bill actually was in your last job?? I have a friend who never paid for one call when he had his company mobile and hence didnt know how much the bill was, he left that company and received bills in excess of €400 per month..

Pay as you go will cost you more for calls but you can control your spend and if your spend will be VERY low then it makes sense to go down this route, as you will pay more for the static recurring charge on Billpay

Hope that helps.

Click here for the full vodafone rates