Meteor prepaid phone, less free credit because did not register straight away

POC

I bought a phone in Jan as a gift for my husband. Phone cost 129, with 120 free credit. However he didn't register it straightaway as he was using up the credit on his old phone. He registered it last weekend and will only get a total of 60 credit (some now and some over the next few months). I rang the shop who told me that promotions vary and can change if the phone is not registered for a long time. They don't usually inform people at the time of purchase unless a change is imminent - they would never forsee people waiting over 2 months to register. Should I bother pursueing this - or write it off as a lesson learned? Any suggestions welcome! Thanks

I think you should bring phone back to shop and ask for refund! I'm sure you'll find a good offer with other 2 mobile companies- plus you'll be sending a message to Meteor!

Does it say that your husband is entitled to the credit on the box or on a receipt?? If so then I'd threaten them with the small claims court, I know it's only €60 but it's still enough, don't deal with the shop ring their helpline

I can't find anything in writing about the 120 euro. It is not on the receipt. At the time I bought the phone, I had checked the deals with Meteor, Vodaphone, O2 and Carphone Warehouse - and I had loads of bump from them all - which I dumped ages ago - it may have been on some of that.

Last time I bought a prepaid mobile for herself it came with €80 (8 months x €10) "free" credit. I registered it late and automatically got €120 (12 months x €10) "free" credit instead. Swings and roundabouts perhaps?

I think you should bring phone back to shop and ask for refund! I'm sure you'll find a good offer with other 2 mobile companies- plus you'll be sending a message to Meteor!

On what basis do you think you'd be able to return the phone? Based on the OP, I don't think there's any reason for returning it.

especially after having the phone and using it for nearly 5 or 6 months , I dont see how it can be returned

Thanks for replys - I'm glad to hear Clubman benefited from registering late.I can understand that promotions vary, but I would have assumed the deal you got was the one promoted at the time of purchase and not at the time of registering. I live and learn!