met wih an accident ? how much should i get for my car??

S

SONAMD

Hi I met an accident. i was going to major road and a guy was coming from minor road . he hit me and i hit the on coming traffic. It was very terrible accident. I was saved by my car. I had Mercedes Benz e-Class 2004 . the car is write off but insurance company is no giving us the correct money. how much should i get???
below is the specs of my car
year 2004, 1800cc, 4 Door Saloon, Petrol, Automatic, NCT 10/2014 , Tax'd 10/13. 1.8 petrol kompressor , unmarked full cream leather interior with classic seat covers and mats , walnut dash with built in 6 disk cd player , automatic xenon lights , cruise control , parking sensors front and rear,removable towbar , auto/tiptronic gearbox , builtin telephone . 229917 km. we bought it last year only.

insurance company value of my car is 6000 and salvage is 1001. If they repair it then it cost 12k euros. because of other mistake i had an accident.

can any one pls. tell me how much should i get ask ???

thanks
sona

Get on to www.carzone.ie and check what similar cars go for if you are not happy. Don't expect to get more for the fact your leather is unmarket. Take your seat covers and mats out.

I have been down this road previously (no pun intended). Firstly, what had you valued the car at - as part of your insurance policy?

Even if this figure exceeds what they are offering, you may still have difficulty challenging this. I tried to do this - outlining that a number of cards on donedeal/carzone, etc. matching mine had much higher valuations. They said these were not an accurate reflection of the value of the vehicle. I got an independent valuation - and they came back with the same thing.

Back