Met Eireann continuously spell Co Laois as Laoise on their map showing the counties.

dave28

I notice that Met Eireann continuously spell Co Laois as Laoise on their map showing all the counties on RTE. I know its trivial but why hasnt someone in their organisation noticed and corrected this mistake ?

Is that all?

Loads of contradictory spellings of towns and townlands on roadsigns throughout the country. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 within 10 miles or so of me. It's incredible sloppiness really.

I know its trivial but why hasnt someone in their organisation noticed and corrected this mistake ?
Why don't you write to them and tell them? Maybe no-one who works there is from Laois, or near Laois, or is confident enough in spelling all variants of Irish place names to stick their hand up and say that doesn't look right.

Not suprising

Clare Co Council can't figure out if it's Lahinch or Lehinch

Signs for both

Simple..its like the Public Sector... no one is ever held accountable for any mistake in RTE. So you just have to suck it up! me thinks.

M
Whats one man spelling is another man ...um misspelling (maximus152 AD 2010 ref1.2)

Watched one of the late weather bulletins on Sun night (think it was after the 9pm news) and the "Laoise" spelling was changed to Laois! Someone was taking note!

I got a letter the other day addressed to me as follows:

Marybrough, Queens, Ireland.

It was some silly relations in Australia. They did it as a joke to see if I would get it.