Merville Road, Stillorgan, Opinions?

Carmel

Hi
We are looking at the Merville Road part of Stillorgan as a potential place to buy a house. The houses seem to be fairly old, but the location is good, close to the QBC and the amenities of Stillorgan.

Would welcome opinions from anyone who knows this area, especially on potential schools.

C

Lived there for four years; nice quiet, leafy suburb. There's no through road out the top (just a couple of places where you can walk through to Brewery Road, Allen Park etc.) — so very little traffic. When you say "schools", do you mean primary, secondary, or both?

Schools

Thanks for your reply Dr. Moriarty, I suppose at the moment primary schools are the priority because our children are small, but of course secondary schools will also be a consideration later.... so all info is welcome.

C

I agree with DrMs opinion, I have friends living there. Lovely road.

There is a primary school called St Brigids on Merville Rd, it is C of I and is very quite small ( at least two classes per teacher). Seems well run and lots of involvement from parents in extra ciricular activity.

There are a number of Catholic primary schools in Stillorgan, but I dont know much about them ( St Laurences, Oatlands).

At the top of Merville Road is St. Raphael'as Primary and Secondary school for girls. I went there for primary school so would recommend it. St Laurences for boys is 5 minutes walk.

The area has a lot of young families moving in in recent years so there would be plenty of children in the neighbourhood.

Great area - would have no qualms whatsoever about it - also oatlands primary is now co-ed

Back