Merchant Services/Credit Card Machine

maryt

We have a small business and rent a credit card machine from the AIB but I do think the monthly merchant services fees are quite high. Can anyone else recommend another company who provide the same service but are more competitive?

Just looked at the bank statements. In May it was over E53, June E48, July E22 and August E29. Maybe this is normal, I don't know why it's different every month - they obviously charge on every transaction. We then pay around E18 to Payzone every month to ensure the transactions go through at end of every day.

Hi,

For many years I used AIB Merchant Services but recently I have switched to Bank of Ireland (Elavon).

My fees have dropped considerably and I must say I find the new terminal far more user friendly and faster to process the transaction.

There seems to be a deal to be done with most of the banks so shop around.

I found Ulster gave us the best deal,was also with AIB

We are also a small business with very little useage on our machine.I received my AIB terminal fees bill today. They are now charging a minimum monthly useage fee of euro30.00 and a terminal monthly rental fee of euro 25.00 + vat.consequently our bill is now double what it used be.. do other banks have this minimum monthly useage charge fee?

UB certainly don't. I don't use my machine that often and the monthly bill is never over €25 including VAT.

Tell AIB to shove it. That is unacceptable.

Back