Men! Please DO NOT wear flip flops

thedaras

Oh My God, I have seen two men/plonkers wearing flip flops!!

They are the ones that have a thin strip at the front,in other words not even masculine type ones,which would have a wide strip between the toes.

Please guys do not go there,its a complete and utter turnoff.

And it looks so ,so so., so---------------- I dunno fill in the gap girls.

Think about it big men feet in tiny weeny flip flops! UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Well I'm just out of bed. The thermometer on the wall already says 32 degrees. The sun is splitting the stones outside. 'Bout time to reach for my cowboy boots! NOT!

Like everyone else in the country where I live I spend 4 -5 months a year in sandals/flip flops. What's the problem? They are also much more healthy for your feet than sticking on a pair of polyester socks and running around in training shoes all day.

OH dear God..Im in shock here!
To see a grown man/ladyboy in little teeny weeny flip flops.
Look we dont live in a hot climate,the tempreture has to reach the 30s before this should be done! And even at that ,it should be on the beach.My ten year old wouldnt even wear them..
Im not talking man sandles here,Im talking little flip flops.
Big hairy legs,even bigger feet and little flip flops..GROSS,Im gonna bring up my breakfast now!

My boyfriend wears flip flops when it's hot - I thought all men did??! Thedaras - perhaps you should confront this irrational fear straight on by going into a shoe shop and seeing all the flip flops for sale for men?? (insert smiley face!!!)

I can see where the OP is coming from - I think it's difficult for most men to pull this off.

As far as I can see you need to be laid back & easy going (but not with an affected 'dudeishness'), dress well otherwise, be confident (but not arrogant) be reasonably pleasant to look at (but not narcissistic) and have presentable feet (groomed, not too big/hairy etc)

Unless you can fulfill all the above, I wouldn't chance flip flops.

BTW, I hate them but mainly because they are impractical and I detest the feeling of that 'bit' between my toes.

Problem is not flip flops it's the type of flip flops they wear. I have seen guys wearing this type (although not pink)

[broken link removed]

Guys should only wear this type i.e masculine type, not the thin plastic kind

[broken link removed]

My other half won't wear flip flops at all - like caveat he hates that thing between the toes - mind you when I met him he wore socks and sandals so ..................

What about the "This post will be deleted if not edited immediately Christ" sandals with white stockings upto the knees?

[broken link removed]

Add flip-flops to crying, whining, wasting words and eating quiche. "Real men," it seems, don't wear flip-flops.
So says hip-hop artist DMX, who recently dismissed rapper Jay-Z's sartorial sense with the comment “Thugs don't do flip-flops.”
But DMX is only the latest man to dis flip-flop wearing fellas, and it seems the world's simplest form of sandal has become the flashpoint in what some say is a long-coming backlash against the metrosexual trend.
Thanks to fox news..

Must add the flip flops in the above picture are much more "manly " than the ones Ive seen the guys around here wearing.

Last edited: