Memory Stick with Win98

cullenswood

Hi,

Does anyone know how I could get my memory stick (Typhoon USB2.0 Memory Adapter) working on a laptop that runs Windows 98. It does not seem to be recognising it all.

Windows 98 tends not to have the USB drivers for these built in. If the driver (a piece of software you must install) didn't come with it, then try the manufacturers website or google for it.

One of might do the trick (probably the 11th one down the list, depending on your serial no.?)

Thanks Doc,

Found them alright, but was hoping to get some freeware that would do the job for me.

Cheers for the link anyway

Whoops! Sorry, cullenswood - didn't notice that $5.00 bit..!

Can you spot the drive ? (the manufacturer's website; but I notice they just say "Use Windows 98 SE" - a fat lot of good!)*

You could always just try installing that driver anyway, or go to Control panel and run the "Add new hardware" wizard - Windows will search for a close match. Or try some of the free driver sites thrown up by ..?

[*Admittedly, there are lots of other good reasons to go for Win98SE over the older Win98 - if you can get hold of a copy from somewhere?]

Some USB sticks come with a Win 98 driver on CD. Did yours come with any additional software?