Memory Card Micro

Ron Burgundy

sony have launched another memory card format:rolleyes: . anyways i want to get one for the k800 phone i have, i can only find 512mb on line ( 7dayshop) but am looking for at least a 2gb, any thoughts or help ???

What format are you talking about? Sony Memory Stick or something else, newer? Are you sure that your device can take up to 2GB? Some devices max out at 512MB, 1GB etc.

Update: oh - I presume you're referring to the Sony Memory Stick Micro M2 such as this one? have 1GB cards for €66 ex P&P. This press release suggests that 1GB is or at least was the max capcity for such cards.

no clubman, this might sound scary but the max for that card is actually 32GB:eek: .

thats the right card, your tight about the unit not being able to handle the memory, if the virtual memory gets too low it will crash, but i've been told it can handle it so i might go for it.

thats the right card, your tight about the unit not being able to handle the memory, if the virtual memory gets too low it will crash, but i've been told it can handle it so i might go for it.
I don't understand this. Any device that takes flash cards should state the maximum capacity card that it can use. Any capacity above that will be wasted if the card works at all. Are you sure that this device is using the flash card for virtual memory storage? That would seem odd to me especially since flash is normally not used for ongoing writing given that it has a limited erase/[re]write cycle lifetime (usually c. 100K cycles) before it begins to fail and it is much slower than other forms of RAM (e.g. especially volatile RAM (where the contents are lost when power is removed) such as SRAM or DRAM) normally used for ongoing runtime storage.

Back