Memorandum and Articles of Association

neiltheseal

Hi,

I'm setting up a very standard company so I'm looking for a standard memorandum and articles of association. I called up a legal stationers and they said that they have standard memorandum and articles of association but only in hard copy. Does anyone know if I can get an online electronic equivalent of what's available in hard copy in the legal stationers?

Neil

You could downloaded an existing company's memo & arts from the CRO and copy that? Maybe pick from a company operating in the same industry as you

Thanks for those replies. The revenue commissioners example is specific for charities and therefore very useful for anyone in that sector.

I wonder if the legal stationers are selling a printed version of the classic from the original 1963 Act.

I think I'll have a look at a few companies in the same sector as me.

Thanks for that

Neil

If you look at the Memorandum and Articles (particularly the Articles) of most companies you will find them to be very brief, because Table A gives a default set: anything not specifically said to be different from Table A is deemed to be in accordance with Table A. The briefest Articles you can draft is "Table A of the Companies Act 1963 will apply".