megane window fault - will renault part cover?

wigwammer

Hi
my passenger window got stuck down yesterday on my 06 megane.

I noticed while searching for quick repair tips ( i just want to get it rolled up for now) online that in the UK people are getting up to 95% of the cost of repair on maganes upto 4 years old and under 100k.

I do intend to bring it to the garage but I know from previous experience that it's going to cost €400+ which i just cant afford at the moment.

Has anyone received part cover of costs for window repair from renault in Ireland?

In the meantime any tips on getting the window back up - can this be done manually? I've tried the fuses in and out and even blew the hairdryer in behind the speaker and storage pocket but no joy.

Thanks

Yeah happened our megane a couple of years ago but local Renault garage repaired it free of charage and told us it was a fault in meganes of that time. It happened again and they repaired FOC again. Fine since that.

Hi happy girl - how old was your car? Was it within the 3 year warranty.
My car is 06...
Last time I got my car serviced in May I had the same problem, the window was stuck up - they quoted 400+ and didnt mention anything about FOC! Ended up doing the loom, I think, which was a cheaper job.

Am awaiting a response from Ranault customer services. And i will ring my local dealer also to see what they say.
Cheers

Ok so I called Renault Customer Services and they contacted my local dealer who will put my car through the warranty department and come back with a price for me.

My car falls outside regular warranty of 3 years but I think there is some leaway as this is a common fault. They said they have a different agreement to the English one (obviously!) so maybe not cover.

Awaiting price back from local dealer. I'm hoping it's a long way below 400€, otherwise I'm getting them to just put it back up for the time being and taking out fuse.

So anyone with renault window problems outside of warranty, might be worth calling head office.

Hope it works out for you. Had Renault megane 04 myself no window problem but its trouble. Something is always wrong every 3 months and cost of repairs is as you mentioned. Thinking of getting rid of it.

Hi anuj21k
Heard from local dealer and he got through to irish warranty dept - they are offering 50% off the job, which is great. He is going to check it through the french warranty on monday so fingerscrossed that will be even better. They were very helpful.
I'll be bringing it in on monday either way.
Only hitch is that when i got in my car today the other 3 windows were working in jerky movements. I left them up and drove around in the sweltering heat - afraid to open the sunroof too! God I hope this is not a 3 monthly event!

Big problems with windows on megane. Renault dont seem to want to know after 3 years. If no positive responce buy spurious regulators --much cheaper.Saw some in Done Deals at 086 2575345. I had already purchased so I dont know how much these people are charging.

Could you try that again in english? My friend has an '07 Megane with a similar problem.

As it says ------. If you do not understand ---well, well well.
Try to get a regulator make other than Renault--- IT WILL BE CHEAPER

You can also get renault regulators/motors on ebay etc if you know how to take off door panel and fit, and also if you know for sure that that is where the real problem is. Unfortunately, I dont have the skills for that. There are instructions and pictures on the web also. PS I didnt know what a 'spurious' regualtor was either!

@ Ancutza - tell your friend to call the main renault customer services, they may be under warranty (3 years) still or even pop into local garage and see what they say. Mine is a 06 so well outside but they are still giving me at least 50% off.
Thanks all!

Car was 04 and we had it repaired in 06/07 so would have been within the 3year warranty alright. Having said that our key fob failed on us after that and were quoted 70euro for replacement. Went to local Renault dealer and to be fair to them they covered cost of it (suppose we had bought 2renaults there with them so better to keep us on side). Good luck anyway

The window regulators on Renaults have been a problem in them for years, starting in 2001 in the Laguna. They have multiple failures.
In fairness if a car is out of warranty its out and the manufacturers don't have to pay anything towards them.